- This document is an electronic record in terms of (i) Information Technology Act, 2000; (ii) the rules framed there under as applicable; and (iii) the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- The Platform is owned, registered and operated by HandyApp Pty Ltd ("Company"), a private limited company, incorporated and having its principal place of business at 887, Beenleigh Road, Runcorn QLD 4113 Australia
- We are service aggregators and through our Platform, We enable the User(s) to receive car related services such as road side assistance, quick check-up, key lock-out, car servicing etc., from third party workshops and their authorized personnel, under agreement with Us (“Service Provider”) on a real time basis. These Services are made available to You for Your personal, non-commercial use.
Type of information collected from the User(s)
“Sensitive personal information” as defined under Section 3 of the SPI Rules means
such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise
We require Users who visit the Platform or avail our service through the Platform to
provide us with the following information:
- Name of the User;
- E-mail Address;
- Phone Number;
- Credit card or debit card or any other such payment information which is required for payment purposes;
- Information pertaining to your vehicle;
- Any other such information as may be required at the time of availing the Services through the Platform.
How the collected information will be used
The information collected by Us, shall be used in the manner described below:
- User name: The user name shall be used to address the User and to customize the Services availed by the user through the Platform, and to personalize all communications that are sent to the User by Us.
E-mail Address: Your E-mail address will be used to communicate:
- Service messages from time to time; and
- Feedback from the User regarding the Services provided by the Service Provider;
- Marketing e-mails; and
- Any other such communication with the User.
- Phone Number: Phone number will be an alternative method to contact the User, for any matter related to the access of the Platform or the Services through the Platform, including but not limited to sending promotional and transactional messages.
- Credit Card/Debit Card or any other such payment information: Credit Card/Debit Card or any other such payment information is used for charging the User for availing Services through the Platform.
- Vehicle Information: Vehicle Information shall be used to identify the vehicle and provide appropriate Services as requested by the User.
- In order to improve the quality of our Services we may ask you to provide us with information regarding your experiences with the Service Provider and/or your experiences on the Platform. Users have the option of choosing not to provide us with this information.
- The information collected by Us, shall be used in the manner described below:
Disclosure of Personal Information
- All financial information that is collected through the Platform is used solely to enable the User to make payments for the Services availed through the Platform, and is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Towards this end, we disclose such information to a third-party intermediary, for the sole purpose of processing the payments made by the User on the Platform.
- We may also disclose certain information to third parties solely to help diagnose technical problems, to administer the Platform, and improve the quality of the Services provided by us.
- We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as required by law and when we believe, at our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect someone from injury and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Platform.
- The Platform uses temporary cookies, which are files that your web browser puts on your system when you visit a website, to store certain information that is not sensitive personal information. The information collected through these cookies is used by us for the technical administration of the Platform, research and development, and to improve the quality of our Platform.
- We may use third party cookies to track visitor behaviour and to improve the quality of our services. However, such cookies will not store any kind of personal information, nor will such information be disclosed to any third party.
- These cookies are intended to be automatically cleared or deleted when the User quits the browser application. You are encouraged to use the “clear cookies” functionality of your browser to ensure such clearing / deletion, since it is impossible for us to guarantee, predict or provide for the behaviour of your system.
- The information we collect with cookies is not sold, rented, or shared with any third parties, other than for internal Platform development and maintenance.
Third Party Links
- We may provide links to websites for the convenience and information of Users. These websites may not be owned, controlled, or operated by Us. In those cases, We cannot control how information collected by those websites will be used, shared, or secured. If the User visits linked sites, We strongly recommend that the User reviews the privacy notices or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, the User’s use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
- The Platform may contain links to various advertisements (“Advertisement Site”). The Advertisement Site is not under the control of the Platform. We are not responsible for the content on any Advertisement Site, including, without limitation to, any link contained in the Advertisement Site, or any changes or updates to the same.
- These Advertisement Site(s) shall be construed to be Linked Sites (as mentioned above) and the provisions of Clause 7 above shall apply for Advertisement Site(s)
- We have implemented industry standard security policies, rules and technical measures, to protect any kind of personal sensitive information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Retention of Information
- We retain any personal information that you may have provided to us, for as long as you engaged our services, and for a reasonable time thereafter.
- If the User wishes to opt- out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from Us, after setting up an account, they may choose to do so. Further, if a User wishes to remove all their contact information from the Platform, they can do so by opting out of the Platform and uninstalling the Platform.
- In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Attention: Operation Team